Thursday, April 15, 2010

Confronting Inequality

When I read the topic “confronting Inequality” by Paul Krugman I saw variety of inequality like: the costs of inequality, the Arithmetic of equalization, reducing market inequality and so on. I did not go deeply on last two inequalities. When I read the cost of inequality I found there is some inequality in term of social cost and income. Social inequality leads to a matter of envy and insults, but income inequality don’t have any role for such matter. An individual can accept income inequality, but they cannot accept social inequality.
I haven't gone detail about this topic, so I just wrote the thing which I understand. I will re-read and try to post better one.

1 comment:

  1. Mahendra - You're right that this is a challenging article. I think you're onto something in the idea that income inequality would be easier for many to accept on its own without the social inequality that accompanies it- think more about what this means and why this might be.

    ReplyDelete