Tuesday, March 16, 2010

srarting

I am mahendra shrestha. This is my Third semester in LaGuardia Community Colloge. My major is Mechanical Engineering.Orginally I am from Kathmandu which is capital city of Nepal. If is talk about my country it is all over surrounded by mountains and hill. The World's highest mountain peaks which is Mount Everest is in Nepal. Nepal is rich is natural resources. Nepal is second largest country in water resources. It has too many rivers,spring,pond e.t.c.
I spend almost 18 years from birth in my country. I complete High school from my country. In search of better education for my future i came over U.S as an international student and studying over here. International students have to suffer a lot in this country. My aim is to complete study over here and do some extra things in my field.
I think in class professor should teach a student not a student, but as a friend. They should behave like a friend due to which there will be confidence in student to interact with professor and enjoy their class. student can't get anything by giving pressure. I am happy that i got a better English class and hope i will enjoy this class and semester.

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Mahendra - I also hope you will enjoy the semester. Please come by my office or send me a message if you ever have questions or concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Professor Tanenbaum for your reply. I am enjoying my semester up to now, and i am sure i will enjoy this semester with you in Eng 101. If i got any problem i will contact you. once again thanks a lot for your reply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Mahendra! I know it cant be easy to be a foreign student (i am one myself), but think about a couple of things:
    1. everything you learn in this country you will be able to apply and teach in your country, start a new business which never existed in Nepal, get a most valuable cultural, social experience!
    2. The USA in general and New York in particular are by far the friendliest country/city, if there's an immigrant paradise, you are in it!
    3. Whatever doesnt break us, makes us stronger.
    Cheers!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes it is difficult to struggle over here, but the achievement which we get over here is better. we can utilize this achievement in our country easily. Thanks a lot for your support and kind information.

    ReplyDelete